Monday, December 1, 2014

Mouse number 15! She might be Female... and Pregnant...

I thought I had put the traps where the mice would not be able to get to them. We were not going to be home for a couple days, so I put the traps out of the way, so the mice would not get to them. I thought the container was one the mice would not get into.... but we got home and found that had some kind of party happening while we were away. Ray had left a bag of chocolate covered cashews on his dresser.... but came back to find an empty bag with a couple of mouse turds in it. I told him they probably didn't eat them all but carried them off to a hiding place somewhere..... I hope they do not have a bad reaction to chocolate... Ray did not think the mice would get on the top of his dresser...

That was what we found in the bedroom..... I went into the kitchen to set out the live traps, again, when I looked in the bucket that I use to keep the mice until I can release them.... and saw that the lean bedding that I had put in it before leaving had scattering of mouse turds.... then I pulled out the mouse traps that I had placed in the bucket thinking that no mice would try to jump in there.... then found that the last trap I pulled out had a mouse in it. It scared me because it didn't look to be moving.... so I pulled the top from the trap, slowly and was relieved to see that the mouse was breathing and still very much alive. I hope she hadn't been in there, very long....

We were able to get some photos.... I bought another holding container, for holding until release. This one is clear so we are able to look and get some pictures. She is doing well. Take a look at her coloring... the gray with the white tummy... and the large eyes. Her coat is beautiful and she looks healthy and quite content to be out of the trap and safe in this temporary shelter:

I love this one.... look at the little nose and mouth! It's the camera looking up from the bottom of the clear, plastic floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment